Monday, October 15, 2012

National Domestic Violence Awareness Month Day 15

If you or know someone in need of information and resources call 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 or visit www.safe4all.org

One woman answered my call for stories about their experience in a marriage rife with domestic violence. I thank her again for her strength and courage by allowing me to share her story from a firsthand perspective. I still believe storytelling is the most effective way for survivors (and friends/family members too) not only to heal, but make domestic violence/intimate partner violence real so law and policy makers take notice when writing laws and implementing programs. We still have a long way to go, so I ask that you please take the time to share and continue to raise awareness to this issue. Remember domestic violence happens to any1 anywhere @anytime.

This is her story.

“Yes......! At first you think the falling in love stage is "falling in love" when in fact in some cases it is a control weapon....so it first starts out as grab the emotions....! So when that's rooted sooooo deep....and that seed is planted...sooooo deep that is what makes the victim confused and wants so much to stay sometimes to "fix" the problem....because what we thought was love was not it was called "control"! The man I was married to.....the man who has the record....the man who did everything was and still friends with everyone we went to school with! When I came out about the story and what was happening I needed to move out of county because of his power...money and friends and family! So....I would love to write something tell my story maybe from an unknown or in a way to protect my identity....! I would love to shout out how the children and I survived the "system" and went on and still fighting Demons it would help so many!”

 If you would like to add your story, please go to my facebook page and message me privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment