Thursday, October 11, 2012

National Domestic Violence Awareness Month Day 11



Just a brief diversion from Domestic Violence Awareness Month today.
Remember if you or know someone in need of help and resources, call 1-800-799-7233,  1.800.787.3224 (TTY) or visit the website www.safe4all.org.


 National Coming Out Day--In Solidarity

Today is National Coming Out Day here and around the world. I am writing in support of individuals who are taking that step. I want you to know that I am accepting of you no matter what. I applaud your strength and courage as I know this world is still rather unfriendly to anyone that is different than the norm.

In solidarity I walk with you and will do my best to be an ally to a community that still struggles as a group as do the individuals within it. I pledge to speak up whether in writing or in casual conversation when I read or hear something I know may be offensive. I will write to law and policy makers to ensure one day you will be part of a protective class that has rights that if violated, that you have remedies available to restore them. I will not only educate others, but myself on the issues. I will be and am your friend.

Since we know domestic violence affects any1 anywhere @anytime I ask that you visit my facebook page for information and resources. If you feel safe enough to share your story, you may add it there too. Or in a private message.  http://www.facebook.com/DomesticVIolenceAffectsEvery1

In solidarity and peace,

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment