Saturday, December 31, 2011

MY 2012 To Do List



Like some, I too make resolutions for the upcoming new year, however, I do not call them that or pinpoint an exact date to fulfill them. I simply make a written list of all the things I want to do and if I am able to, even better.

For 2012, I decided to list the 12 things I wish to accomplish within the year. Lucky for me, I will have one extra day as it's a Leap Year....which begs the question for those born on February 29th do they age every four years too?

I would love to hear of your resolutions or whatever you call them and see how you fare throughout the year. Please feel free to become a follower of my blog (http://crossingonerivertoanother.blogspot.com)

1. Pick a randomly a baseball-themed book a month. Suggestions welcomed.
(Currently reading, Shades of Glory: The Negro Leagues and the Story of African American Baseball by Lawrence D. Hogan)


2. Join a knitting group.
(There's one that meets weekly in a neighboring town. http://nutley.bccls.org/pdf/knittingclub.pdf)

3. Volunteer in my community or vicinity.
(I am thinking either at the library or historical society, senior center or domestic violence agency)

4. Start and maintain a website that showcase my forays in photography.
(Be sure to look for an invite to visit once it's up)

5. Visit every minor/independent baseball league in my state at least once.
(I have already been two: (www.newarkbears.com and www.jerseyjackals.com)

6. Visit a beach or two.
(The southern part of this state is known for them www.visitnj.org/beaches)

7. Visit a few museums such as the one in my state's capitol, catch one of many free performances on my campus, beginning at http://www.state.nj.us/state/museum and www.montclair.edu/university_calendar/eventdisplay.php?EventID=16091)

8.Begin writing my memoir, or the play that's been in my head for ages.
(There's a writing group in the next town's library. http://nutley.bccls.org/pdf/pentoprose.pdf)

9. Cook at least one meal a month of a culture I have yet to try....or at least visit an eatery that would do the same and I wont have a kitchen to clean afterward.
(The town where I go to school offers an array that can be found here http://www.montclaireats.com)

10. Hop on my bike/the train to nowhere in particular, get off and explore.
(I already do this often, as I do not know how or wish to drive)

11. Organize my closets and donate the stuff that I never ever use.
(Anyone wear a 7.5 shoe?)

12. Learn a new language.
(Polish, Swahili and American Sign Language are on my list)

No comments:

Post a Comment